Discussions with our school cook
Date: November 6th 2014
On Wednesday 5th November, we the undersigned had a meeting with our school cook Sue to discuss introducing several alternative options onto the dinner menu .
As the SNAG (School Nutrition Action Group) representatives in Pentre’r Graig Primary, we have been distributing questionnaires to the pupils to find out how we could alter or improve the dinners we receive. Below are OUR suggestions, what do you think?
Could we have :
- Long spaghetti pasta instead of pasta shells for change
- Potato wedges instead of chips for a change
- Homemade chicken nuggets or drumsticks
- Wraps e.g chicken & salad or coleslaw
- Larger cups to drink out of ( KS2 pupils)
- Vinegar “ because the chips taste bland”
- Tomato sauce
- Corn on the cob…” not in a dish”
- Carrot scones ( Sue has our recipe)
- Fresh fruit salad( like we have at break time) instead of tinned fruit
- On the salad bar – cucumber, tomatoes and particularly coleslaw were the most popular foods ( pupils didn’t like beetroot, lettuce or onions).
We really hope some of our suggestions could become part of our school dinner menu.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Pentre’r Graig SNAG reps.