Changing for the Better is the key fundraising project of the Friends of Ysgol Crug Glas.
The Project Explained
An excellent hydrotherapy pool was built at Ysgol Crug Glas in the late 1980s following a public appeal. It is used by disabled people from all over Swansea , including pupils at the school. However, the excitement, pleasure and therapeutic benefit gained from using the pool are currently spoilt by the cramped, under-equipped changing and waiting areas.
This project aims to provide:
- Additional larger changing areas
- Ceiling-mounted hoists to maximise space and fully support health & safety
- dedicated wheelchair storage bays
- a public entrance separate from the school – improving security
- more attractive and modern facilities for all users
A feasibility study and detailed work on the scheme development have been undertaken by Sylfaen Cynefin, a not-for-profit urban design organisation.
Read the Scheme and Budget Estimates Document
Information is also available online at: www.sylfaencynefin.org.uk/ (select from projects in progress)
The scheme has been submitted as a Pre-Application Enquiry to Planning Services, Environment Department, City & County of Swansea.