Please note this information so that your child makes a happy, stress-free (!) transition from Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 2.
1. Uniform must always be worn.
2. Until October Half Term, we will be swimming every Wednesday.
After Half Term, there will be no swimming but every Friday we have gymnastics or dance, for this, the children will need shorts and a T-shirt. If the weather is good, please bring trainers also.3. Every Thursday we have games. Kit is essential.
Girls - skirt / shorts, T-shirt, trainers. In cold weather, girls can wear trainers, jogging trousers and a sweat shirt.
Boys - football boots, white shorts, school sports top (available at Nash Sports, Sketty). Cold weather kit - jogging trousers and sweatshirt. Boys will need togs for when they play in the park.
4. Homework will usually be given on a Monday and collected in on a Friday. Sometimes homework will involve projects and online Maths.
5. Your child will bring a library book home at least once a week. Please ensure that your child brings home, reads and returns these on a Monday. If the book is not suitable then it can be changed at any time. Please note that these books are chosen independently by your child. If you find that they are too difficult, please read them with your child or change them for an alternative.
6. Children are allowed to bring their own stationery, within reason. Please ensure that this includes a centimetre ruler, a rubber and a pencil. I would be grateful if you could also provide a pen for your child. In class, when your child is ready, we use blue Berol notewriters.
7. The tuck shop is open every morning break time for a Healthy Snack. Snacks are 30p each.
If you have any questions about the above or any other matter, please feel free to come into school and see me.
Mrs. H. Morris
Click here for Autumn Term plan