Our menu shows the variety of meals currently on offer in Llangyfelach Primary school . As you will see, there is a daily choice of a home cooked meals, using quality ingredients.
The cost of School Meals is currently £2.00 per day (£10.00 per week). This compares favourably to the cost of preparing a healthy packed lunch and just think how much more convenient it is for you as a parent.
Dinner money is paid every Wednesday and meals are then taken w/b the following Monday. Cheque is preferred, made payable to "City & County of Swansea". Please ensure that your child's name and class are written on the reverse of the cheque or cash envelope.
Dinner Money Procedures
If a pupil is absent on a Wednesday, parents must inform the school that they wish their child to receive a school meal the following week. Payment should be made later that day if possible, or by start of school on Thursday at the latest.
Parents of pupils entitled to free school meals should inform the school on a Wednesday, in advance, if there is a change to their normal take-up or non take-up of meals. Parent should not expect their child to receive school meals on occasional days as the correct amount of meals must be ordered and cooked.
Is your Child eligible for Free School Meals?
Free school meals can only be provided to a pupil whose parent(s)/guardian(s) are in receipt of at least one of the following:
- Income support
- Income Based Job seekers allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit – where total annual income is less than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after their employment finishes or after they start to work less than 16 hours per week
- Pupils who receive income support or income based job seekers allowance in their own right are also eligible to receive free school meals.
For further information please click here.
- Collect the appropriate form from Mrs Akerman in the school office or request a Free School Meals form from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the detail required and return to the school.
- You will receive a letter to confirm entitlement.
For more information on School Meals in Swansea please click here