Our PDG is very small, usually the smallest in Swansea. But when we do receive an allocation, we aim to make it make the most differnce to our children from the earliest age .
In 2016-17 Glais Primary School was provided with a PDG allocation of £1,150.
Glais Primary School
School PDG Statement
The Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low-income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (e-FSM) and pupils who have been looked after continuously for more than six months (LAC). Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC. As a school we have agreed the following three steps:
1. to identify the target group of pupils, its characteristics and needs
2. to plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources
3. to monitor and evaluate the impact of resources
At Glais Primary School we have a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by Swansea Local Authority and ERW, to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding.We have used the funding available to:
• enhance teaching and learning by providing tailored resources e.g. for learning in the outdoors
• provide specific high quality training for school staff e.g. early literacy
• implement and use data tracking systems to identify learners’ needs, target interventions and monitor impact.
• work in partnership with other schools, the community and other organisations- e.g Local Health Board
• improve attendance of target group by using ‘Getting Ready for School’ Programme to highlight importance of regular attendance from an early age.
• developed leadership capacity within the support staff to prioritise the impact on the quality of provision and outcomes
• support learners and their families by developing early relationships with the school through the ‘Getting Ready for School’ Programme.
Our detailed plan which includes details in respect to how we’re spending the grant is available on request.