Welcome To Year 4
From Mr Hopkins and Miss Hurley
- Reading book to be brought in when book completed, please comment in your child’s reading record. Books will only be changed when signed by an adult.
- Spelling words given on a Friday with a test on the following Friday.
- English homework based on current topic given on a Monday, handed in by following Thursday.
- Maths homework based on current topic given on a Thursday, handed in by following Monday.
- Other homework linked to topics may be given at various dates throughout the year.
Tuesday (indoor) T-shirts, shorts and trainers.
Friday (outdoor) Tracksuit and trainers.
On Monday and Thursday, Year 4 children will take part in Running Club.
NO JEWELLERY TO BE WORN ON THESE DAYS
Can your child bring in a bottle of fresh drinking water daily, NOT squash or juice, as it helps with concentration when they are fully hydrated which impacts on school work.
Coats and Uniforms: It would help our stress levels if all clothes are clearly labelled.
We both hope the above information is helpful but please be aware that it's neither exhaustive nor rigid and that some changes are inevitable. If there are any aspects of your child's education that you wish to discuss please do not hesitate to contact us.
Mr Darwyn Hopkins and Miss Rebecca Hurley
Look at our themes for the year.
Winter Term's Theme:
'It's a Material World'
Spring Term's Theme:
‘Earth and Beyond’
Summer Term's Theme:
'Water Woderful World'