Cadle Primary |School
School PDG Statement
The Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low-income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (e-FSM) and pupils who have been looked after continuously for more than six months (LAC).
Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC.
As a school we have agreed the following three steps:
- to identify the target group of pupils, its characteristics and needs
- to plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources
- to monitor and evaluate the impact of resources
In 2016-7 Cadle Primary School was provided with a PDG allocation of £125,200
At Cadle Primary School we have a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by Swansea Local Authority and ERW, to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding.
We have used the funding available to:
- enhance teaching and learning by providing a variety of programmes of support
- provide intervention and support programmes that are proven to have the greatest impact and to be sustainable- Project X ,Reading Eggs
- Implement and use data tracking systems to identify learners’ needs, target interventions and monitor impact.
- work in partnership with other schools, the community and other organisations- improve attendance of target group by using interventions
- developed leadership capacity to prioritise the impact on the quality of provision and outcomes
- support learners and their families by providing a school well-being officer
Our detailed plan which includes details in respect to how we’re spending the grant is available on request.