Welcome to Year 3!
Croeso i Flwddyn 3!
Mrs Brewer & Mrs Jones
Supported by: Mrs Dunce & Miss Donald
School Council: to be elected
Eco-Bugs: to be electe
Mrs Brewer & Mrs Jones work on a rota from Wednesday to Wednesday. We meet during Wednesday lunch time to ‘hand over’ information and discuss any issues or concerns. Any communication with parents or children during that week is shared.
- In a bid to save school resources, we have requested that each child bring a pencil case to school with the following items: x2 HB pencils, x2 black handwriting pens, a gluestick, a small ruler, a rubber, pencil sharpener, a selection of gel pens & coloured pencils. Felt tip pens will be provided by school. Many thanks for your help!
- Dinner Money is collected on a Monday morning. Please can you put dinner money in an envelope with your child’s name clearly marked.
- Fruit can be paid for half-termly or termly (the cost is 15p per day. The total cost depends on the number of weeks in the half-term/term). We no longer accept daily or weekly payments. Children are welcome to bring their own fruit from home if they prefer. Children who pay for fruit each day will receive a ‘Fair Trade’ chocolate bar each Friday.
- The children have an opportunity to purchase ‘Fair Trade’ items on a Friday morning break time. (50p - £1 is a sufficient amount)
- Homework is given out on a Friday and returned to school on the following Tuesday.
- Weekly spellings and ‘mental maths’ activities will be given out with homework on a Friday. The children will be tested on the following Wednesday.
- P.E is on a Wednesday. It is essential your child has a suitable kit to change into for these sessions. Children are encouraged to leave their P.E kits in school during each half term and take them home to wash during each school holiday. This will ensure kits are always available in school when extra sessions become available. Please provide suitable shorts, t-shirt & trainers for this session. (Football kits are not appropriate)
- We operate a class book lending system. Children are encouraged to select appropriate reading books to take home. These can be returned to school to change on a Thursday.
- Our P.P.A time is on a Thursday afternoon. During these sessions the children will experience the following activities on a four week rota:
Forest Schools, Music, Art, PE and Drama.
- Year Three will be attending swimming lessons at the National Pool every Friday morning for the Autumn term.
If you have any information you wish to discuss or any questions, please don’t hesitate to pop in and have a chat, or write a note in your child’s homework book.