Welcome to Mrs Griffith and Mrs Pawan'
Croeso i Ddosbarth Derbyn
We hope you are feeling rested after the Christmas holidays. We are ready for a busy, exciting and fun term of learning and exploring.
Our new topic is:
Will you read me a story?
Trips and visits:
We are currently booking some exciting trips for the term. We'll keep you updated with dates. Watch this space!
- Library - Jan 2018
Just a few reminders to help you at the beginning of the year:
TRICKY WORDS - The children have been working hard learning their tricky words. Please return envelopes with your child's words on by the Wednesday of the week beginning: Week of: 26th Feb, 19th March and 16th April.
- PE is on Friday this term. Please provide your child with a suitable kit to keep in school and make sure all items are labelled. Girls - No tights on PE day or jewellery. Kits will be returned December 4th. Please return them to school on Jan 8th 2018, ready for PE that week.
- Forest school will be used regularly, if not weekly. Could you please send in a pair of labelled wellies, to keep in school.
- If you would like to send your child in with a drink, water bottles will be kept in a safe place for your child to access whenever they need, throughout the day.
- Book bags will be sent home on a Friday and returned back to school by Tuesday.
- Our school uses the new Squid system to make it easier for you to pay for school dinners online.
- Fruit money can be paid half termly. Please send money in a clearly labelled envelope, with your childs name and class.
- Tedi Twt has joined our class. He is taking it in turns to go home with different children throughout the week. We hope you enjoy having him to stay and look forward to reading about his adventures with you.
Important dates for your diary:
Feb 26th - March 2nd - Welsh week
March 1st - St. David's Day
March 19th (Mon) - Parents evening
March 20th (Tues) - Parents evening
March 29th - Foundation Phase - Easter bonnet Parade
March 29th - Spring term ends (Normal time)
March 30th - Good Friday (No school - Easter holidays)
April 16th - Final term begins
If you have any queries regarding your child or the topic, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your continued support.
Mrs Griffith and Mrs Pawan