Welcome to Mrs Griffith and Mrs Pawan'
Croeso i Ddosbarth Derbyn
We cannot believe the 6 weeks holiday has ended and Autumn term has arrived. We hope everyone has enjoyed their summer break and are ready for a busy, exciting and fun year of learning and exploring. We have been so impressed with how well the children have settled and how keen they are to learn and share their knowledge and ideas.
To start the year off, our topic will be:
Why do squirrels hide their nuts?
Trips and visitis:
We are currently booking some exciting trips for the term. We'll keep you updated with dates. Watch this space!
- Margam Park - Autumnal visit & activities - TBC
Just a few reminders to help you at the beginning of the year:
- PE is on Wednesday. Please provide your child with a suitable kit to keep in school and make sure all items are labelled. Girls - No tights on PE day or jewellery.
- Forest school will be used regularly, if not weekly. Could you please send in a pair of labelled wellies, to keep in school.
- If you would like to send your child in with a drink, water bottles will be kept in a safe place for your child to access whenever they need, throughout the day.
- Book bags will be sent home on a Friday and returned back to school by Tuesday.
- Our school uses the new Squid system to make it easier for you to pay for school dinners online.
- Fruit money can be paid half termly. Please send money in a clearly labelled envelope, with your childs name and class.
Important dates for your diary:
Inset day - Friday October 6th
Flu nasal spray - Mon 23rd Oct
Half term - 28th Oct - 5th Nov
Parents evening - November 15th (Wed) & 16th (Thurs) 2017
Foundation Phase Christmas concert -
Christmas holidays/ end of term - Fri 22nd December
Inset day - Monday 8th Jan 2018
If you have any queries regarding your child or the topic, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your continued support.
Mrs Griffith and Mrs Pawan